Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Welsh Highland Railway

Another view from The welsh Highland Railway steam train. What an experience that was. I want to go the whole length of track next time! I think it is almost to Porthmadoc now! This welsh valley is so beautiful!
We found that we didn't have time to walk up to the summit of Snowdon before the return journey so went into the village of Rhyd ddu and went to the pub there.They have a campsite about a mile away so we walked to have a look at it. It is situated on the edge of the lake that the train passes and is in an idyllic position. The facilities looked superb; fire pits for each pitch and big picnic tables, a boardwalk out to the pitches, superb views, large trolleys to facilitate getting your stuff to your tent. No EHU though which could be a bit of a bummer for some. I have read that the site becomes really boggy, hence the boardwalks. It sure looked pretty good when we were there and I'd love to try this site in good weather. Only problem is... so many campsites, so little time! Wish I'd discovered camping about 20 years ago! I would live in my Bear Lake tent if i could.
My camping trips this year - March/april - Rhyd Y Galen, Snowdonia; May- Waunfawr; June - Wyre Farm Park; July - Wyre Farm park; August - Wyre Farm park, Baysbrown Farm; September - Pooley Bridge, Hillcroft Park. Still going to try and get at least one more in before the winter but will garden camp all year. Hoping for Pooley Bridge again next week in midterm.

No comments: