Saturday, January 5, 2013

June camping


There were three notable camps in June... We spent at week with our grandson , Chris, at Wyre Farm Park, St Michael's on Wyre at the midterm. Then, (and still at midterm because we had eleven days), I went on my own to Baysbrown Farm, Great Langdale. 

I had booked the National Trust site at Wasdale for later in the month but the rain was too bad so could not go! BOO HOO... I had paid too! 

Not to be outwitted by the terrible, wet June weather, I headed at far south as I could on a Friday night after a hard day at the interactive whiteboard! I landed FOUR hours later at Aberaron, a superb little town near Aberystwyth. I stayed at Drefnewydd, a short stroll into the town, where there were some superb pubs! 

The Infinity at Wyre Farm Park. The tentophiles watching this will see that I have now bought a canopy for said tent!


Inside the Infinity... comfort or what? Not slummin' it when I go camping!



The Vango Velocity at Baysbrown... though this was a good BRAND photo?


Dining area inside canopy...



I was the only tent on the field...


Cooking under the tarp...I could see the baby lambs from my tent...


This is Baysbrown Farm... one of my favourite sites...


While at Baysbrown, I visited Buttermere...


Still the only tent on the campsite...


Stunning Buttermere


The short walk into Aberaeron from the campsite


Velocity at Baysbrown



Airbeam at Aberaeron...


Also in June... Tilly , my granddaughter at her cousin Chris's christening!


Chris himself... 


Barney the dog was lucky enough to acquire his own backpack when we were in the Lakes...

No comments: